24 September 2012

Suitcase. Australia

Whilst I haven’t had the pleasure of travelling to too many overseas destinations, I can say I’m fairly well travelled here in Australia. Aside from our currently high Aussie dollar I can see why international tourists like it here. It really is a pretty amazing country with some beautiful scenery and some genuinely nice ‘blokes’ and ‘sheilas’. Here are a few of the places I’ve been…

Bendigo – nice little town, sort of how I imagine a mini Adelaide might be; historic architecture and tree lined streets, the nightlife can get a little crazy so I’d save your clubbing for Melbourne and stick to dinner and a drink

Canberra – wasn’t totally fussed on Australia’s capital, bit dull and rigid, no doubt thanks to the political influence

Great Keppel Island – gorgeous place on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, plenty of white sandy beaches and aquamarine waters, but a little lacking in the coral department

Hobart – again not too fussed here, very cold and more of a ‘retired’ town, save this trip for later in life

Melbourne – LOVE, this is my favourite Australian place, the city has such culture, there is always something going on and plenty on offer, make this your number one destination

Noosa – probably my favourite Australian holiday destination, I had many wonderful holidays here with my mum when I was young, Noosa makes me think of salty beaches, sun drenched skin and Hasting St ice-creams, another imperative place to visit

Warrnambool – this little town sits on the Victorian coast about 8hours drive west of Melbourne, it’s a picturesque place complete with sea shanty bed and breakfasts and coloured beach huts

Here’s hoping I can be this well travelled in international destinations very soon.