27 December 2012

Eat Me. Omeros Bros, Main Beach




To celebrate my graduation the other week I went to Omeros Bros in Main Beach with the family. I’ve been meaning to dine at Omeros for many years but always felt it was a bit of a ‘special occasion location’ and hadn’t gotten around to it. I have since been again and both experiences were great. Here’s an insider tip: the restaurant has four seating sections I would opt for inside or outside on the lower levels, see below:

-          Inside on the top level: not ideal as you are not by the window and hence don’t have a view.
-          Inside on the lower level: great spot, perfect view by the window and protected from inclement weather.
-          Outside on the top level: bit of a strange spot to sit, being outside you expect the view but the awning here sort of blocks it so you cannot see the boats, must suffer through any less-than delightful weather conditions plus beware of any creepy crawlies that are stalking around your feet for food – hello cockroaches.
-          Outside on the lower level: this is great spot if you don’t mind the aforementioned creepy crawlies, you are right on the water with a great view of the boats and can feed the fish below.

But back to the food… Omeros Bros as their ‘fishy’ logo may suggest is a specialty seafood restaurant but there are also other options such as soups and steaks. I ordered two entrees, wanting to make the most of the delicious dishes that were peering up at me from the menu. I had the avocado seafood which was a delightful tasting plate of smoked salmon, an oyster, prawns and, of course, avocado. I also had the barbequed prawns with worcestershire and lemon butter sauce which was delicious. As much as I wanted dessert I was rather stuffed so had to pass, but there is a crepe suzette on the menu for two that I’ve definitely got my eye on for next time! The price points are quite high but pretty standard for Marina Mirage restaurants, plus the quality of the food is well worth the expense for a special occasion.

The service was quite good although our waiter changed half way through and sometimes it was difficult to catch someone’s attention. However aside from that Omeros is a welcoming restaurant that provides wonderful broadwater views and delicious food. 4/5

Where: Shop 55 Marina Mirage, 74 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach QLD 4217
Bookings: recommended on weekends
Phone: (07) 5591 7222

Photos by Krissie.


Omeros Brothers Seafood on Urbanspoon