31 December 2012

One Day. 2012 in review




Well what a year it’s been…

The Costa Concordia capsized in Greece in January, the tragic loss of superstar Whitney Houston in February, Kony 2012 went viral in March, Matthew Newton’s rampage in Miami in April, BeeGees’ Robin Gibb’s death in May, Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee in June, the horrific Batman shooting in July, Prince Harry’s nude photos that surfaced in August (poor fella was just having a good time like a regular person), Apple unveiled its iPhone 5 in September, Felix Baumgartner made history when he jumped from the edge of space in October, Barack Obama was re-elected in November and in December we all survived the end of the world according to the Mayans (personally I just think they ran out of stones to carve dates into).

It’s been a big year for me too with my final year of uni, the birth of pearls of style, graduation and a trip to the USofA. Along the way there have been quite a few ups and downs, but I’m happy to say I believe I’m coming out the other end stronger, wiser and determined to achieve a fabulously successful 2013.

Here are my top picks from pearls for 2012. Click on the links below.



Plate Up. (It’s a tie, one savoury and one sweet!) Potato and Leek Soup and Pear & Almond Tarts



Wishing you all a very happy new year and I can't wait to bring you more pearls of style in 2013.

Photo by Krissie.