4 September 2013

Plate Up. Iced Tea

Now that the warmth is returning to the air I thought I'd share my recipe for iced tea with you. I love this little drink, it's so American in it's heritage ("would ya' like some iced tea hunni?') and so refreshing. To top it all off it's so simple to make and a jug of it will keep in your fridge for 3-4 days, although I'm sure it won't last that long!



What you'll need
6 tea bags
4 cups boiling water
4 cups cold water
1/2 cup caster sugar or honey
1 orange
Iced cubes
Optional: apple juice or cordial

What to do
Place your tea bags in a tea pot or sauce pan and let them steep in the 4 cups of boiling water with a lid on. Leave for 8 minutes but not a minute longer otherwise the bitter tea flavour will start to come out! Stir in your honey or sugar until dissolved and then pour this into your jug along with the cold water. Leave to chill in the frigde for a little while and serve with ice and some slices of orange. If you want to play with flavours, then try adding some apple juice, it always adds a nice flavour, or alternatively, add your favourite cordial; I find mango goes very well.

Photo by Krissie.