11 December 2013

Eat Me. Bistro C, Noosa

When you're talking top restaurants on the sunshine coast, Bistro C on Noosa's Hastings Street is always one of the names that comes to mind. Sometimes I have an aversion to dining at these so-called 'ritzy' joints and often opt for a more homely/family feel place but on my trip to Noosa over the weekend, after peeking at Bistro C's delicious menu, I thought I should give the restaurant a try... and boy am I glad I did.


Idyllically placed on the beachfront of what I think is Australia's most beautiful beach, Bistro C is a relaxed and stylish place to eat. The staff are extremely friendly and capable and the bartenders sure know how to mix a cocktail; my martini was to die for. There is also an extensive wine list which even the most discerning connoisseur would find pleasing. [Apparently they do happy hour everyday from 3-5pm with $5 dollar cocktails, definitely a reason to return!]


There is the option to sit in the open plan dining room or out on the terrace and don't worry, no squashy tables here; there's plenty of room. Being the seafood lovers that we are, mum and I ordered the seafood spaghetti pan for two. Absolutely amazing. We both went so far as to say it was the best seafood pasta we'd ever had and the best dish we'd eaten in a very long time. It was chockers with delicious seafood that was cooked to perfection including bugs, prawns, scallops, fish and calamari. I've been dreaming of it ever since. And better yet it wasn't a stingey portion, (as it so often is at nice restaurants) there was more than enough for us, we couldn't finish it. The menu is definitely in the higher price range but around Noosa virtually everything is and this is the one place I feel content spending my money; it's so worth it. Unfortunately I was too full to sample any desserts but they looked delicious so I'll make sure I leave room next time.


I can't recommend Bistro C enough. There's an array of dishes to suit all tastes. I had a fantastic evening with great drinks, food and service. A resounding 5/5.

Where: 49 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads QLD 4567
Bookings: essential
Phone: (07) 5447 2855

Photos by Krissie

Bistro C Beachside Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon