30 December 2013

One Day. 2013 In Review

Is it really that time again? Every year I can't believe how fast the time goes. I barely get into the swing of thinking it's 2013 [I'm usually still writing the wrong year date right through til September] before it's over again and onto the next. Here's a look back at a few of the top news stories from 2013...

The Boston Marathon bombing. We got ourselves a new pope. Apple released its newest iPhone models. The death of Nelson Mandela. Typhoon Haiyan hits the Philippines. Miley's Twerking [it had to be mentioned]. Kate and Will's royal baby. The death of Paul Walker. America's government shutdown.


Here are my top picks from Pearls for 2013. Click on the links below.

One Day. Damn Oswald. This cyclone was certainly one to remember.
Must Have. Top Ten Coffee Table Books. For a super stylish home.
Style It. Sequin Shorts + Michael Kors Hamilton. My love affair with this bag.
Suitcase. How to tackle carry-on luggage. If you can master this it will change your life, I promise.
Eat Me. Miss Jackson, Melbourne. It may have just been a simple little breakfast, but I really loved this place.
Plate Up. Date Loaf. This one's definitely a keeper.

Wishing you all a very happy new year, may 2014 bring much happiness, success and good health to us all.

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons.