18 December 2013

Plate Up. Homemade Iced Coffee


Now that the weather's warming up I can't bring myself to enjoy my usual hot beverages without breaking into a sweat (unless I'm in my office sipping tea thanks to the arctic air-conditioning in my building!). Funnily enough I don't really drink coffee all that often yet I do enjoy it iced. Here's my perfect recipe for a refreshing caffeine hit this summer.

What you'll need
1-2 teaspoons instant coffee (depending on how strong you like it)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Cadbury's drinking chocolate powder
200ml milk
handful ice cubes

What to do
Brew your coffee in boiling water (if you have an espresso machine then by all means use it to make your shot) then add the sugar and chocolate powder and stir. Top up with milk and plop in your ice cubes. So simple and so delicious.

Photo by Krissie