20 December 2013

Summer Must Haves.

Beach days, 30 + temperatures, iced drinks and healthy tans. Summer is well and truly here. To celebrate my favourite season of the year I thought I ought to share with you my must have items for summer.



First, every girl needs a summer maxi dress. I selected this flowing tropical number from Witchery, it makes me think of summer sun and palm trees and can easily be worn dressed up with wedges and jewels or dressed down with sandals.

Next, to keep your hair looking beachy fresh you'll need some sea salt texturising spray. Perfect for keeping your locks looking tousled and beach-ready. Scrunch in for a messy updo or leave your tresses down and untamed.

Next, for the shoe of summer? Wedges of course. These are probably my favourite shoe style, so versatile and, bonus, you get a heel without the discomfort! This pair could easily be worn at night or dressed down during the day with a pair of denim shorts. Summer chic.

No summer holiday is complete without some good reading material. There's nothing I enjoy more than lying at the beach or by the pool and whiling the hours away with a good book. Currently at the top of my reading list is this biography on the ice-queen of the fashion world, American Vogue editor Anna Wintour. I think I'm in for an interesting read.

Number five? A bikini of course, you can't enjoy the sunshine, beach days and swims without the perfect kini. This one is definitely on my wishlist. You've got to love Missoni's iconic prints. [Psst if it's too pricey I hear Seafolly has a similar design.]

And finally you're going to need some tanning oil to ensure you finish off the season with perfectly bronzed skin. Reef Oil now does a product with 30+SPF so you can tan without the worry. Invest immediately!

What are your must haves for this Summer?

Photo by Krissie.