5 February 2014

Eat Me. Alfred's Diner, Mermaid Beach

What a little gem this place is... I'm so glad I stumbled upon it! In the backyard of a 60's style apartment building on the Gold Coast Highway is Alfred's Diner; you'll feel like you've just arrived at one of Melbourne's latest hotspot as it's boasting plenty of cool vibes and is definitely not the usual for the GC.



Essentially it really is like someone's backyard with assorted bench chairs, umbrella's, rugs and cushions strew about the place. Just don't make the mistake I did where you accidentally wander into the neighbour's backyard in your quest for lunch; if a brunette in her thirties gives you a strange look, you're in the wrong place... it's the next door down!



You can order your breakfast or lunch out of a little side window in the house where you'll find a great array of delicious easy dishes. I had the pulled pork burrito which was really delicious and absolutely huge, at $12 I couldn't finish it! There is also a range of hot dogs on the menu which are really big too; girls be warned; you might feel a little compromised eating them if you get my drift... But they sure look delicious! Next time I'm heading back for breakfast, I hear they do an Acai bowl with chocolate museli... can you say yum? 5/5

Photos by Krissie

Where: 2389 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218
Bookings: no need
Phone: (07) 5575 2001

Alfred's Diner on Urbanspoon