20 June 2014

Suitcase. European Wanderlust

Wanderlust - a strong and insatiable desire to travel.

For as long as I can remember, Europe has been my ultimate travel destination. There isn't a country on the continent that I don't want to visit; from the ocean to the alps and all the bits in between. I am fascinated by the history and culture of the area, the ever-changing seasons and the people who call that corner of the world home.

Now that I'm making the move to London I think I will have the perfect opportunity to spend some time exploring Europe - and can I just tell you how excited I am. So the other day I sat down with a cup of tea, pen and paper, my grandma's atlas and my laptop and set about making my European Wanderlust list. After several hours and multiple cups of tea here is what I had come up with. The list is a perfect 50 without my even trying, so I daresay that is a good omen.


Some say 50 is too many and maybe I am over-doing it because I'm not sure when I'll have the time, but as they say - shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars.

I plan to make a page on Pearls of Style with this list and each time I visit a place I'll cross it off and make a link to my travel journal of that city. I can't wait to share my adventures with you. If you have visited any of these places I'd love to hear about your experience.

Photo by Krissie.