29 September 2014

Eat Me. Il Baretto, Marylebone London

I honestly can't get enough of Italian food. Pizza and pasta just hit the spot with me and given the choice I would probably choose to eat it every night [although I'm not sure my waistline would be happy about it]. London is brimming with Italian; both the people and the food venues alike, although I have been warned by an Italian himself who said there are a lot of fakes here in London. I suppose if they are saying 'bellisimo' more often than necessary you might put them into the questionable pile.


Anyway last week I found myself at a lovely Italian restaurant in Marylebone [FYI no fakes here]. This was Italian fine dining at its best with an impressive wine list, menu and dessert selection. After appraising the large range of choices I settled on the lobster linguine - what can I say, I'm a sucker for seafood. The dish was delicious with a rich tomato sauce and delightfully large chunks of lobster.


Moving onto dessert. When it comes to tiramisu I consider myself a bit of an aficionado. It's my favourite and I've ordered quite a few in my time. Well I think this one takes the cake [literally]. It was so light, creamy and had the perfect amount of coffee liqueur. I'd go back just to have it again.


Topped off with a very nice bottle of white wine, good company and great service [think white table cloths without the white table cloths] I was a very happy girl. And if you fancy another drink at the end of your meal, Purl is just around the corner. This isn't a cheap restaurant, so I doubt it could become your weekly haunt but for a treat every now and then it's the perfect spot.  5/5

Where: 43 Blandford Street London, W1U 7HF
Bookings: Essential
Phone: 020 7486 7340

Photos by Krissie and Il Baretto.


Il Baretto on Urbanspoon