27 February 2015

Style It. Oscars 2015 Best Dressed

Please forgive me for being a little bit late to the party on this one but I have been otherwise engaged i.e., having a Roman holiday (travel post up soon!). Nevertheless, I couldn’t let an Oscars red carpet pass me by without doing a round-up of my favourite dresses – it just wouldn’t be right!

This year’s red carpet showed that the biggest night in showbiz has definitely become one of the biggest nights in fashion. Plenty of beautiful designs were on show but I’ve narrowed it down to five ladies who I think combined classic elegance with modern glamour. Drum roll please…

Ah Rita, you did good! Whilst she’s usually a little too far on the wild side for me, I absolutely loved her red carpet look by Marchesa. The new pixie hair cut suits her so well and combined with the structured navy dress it was a modern update on old Hollywood glamour for me.

Like the perfect princess, I adored Felicity Jones’ champagne hued gown. The elegant embellished bodice and the satin full skirt is like something out of my Disney dreams. Designed by Alexander McQueen, it’s the epitome of feminine elegance to me.

Wearing Saint Laurent, fellow Aussie Margot Robbie was a stunner. I love her new blonde lob which perfectly complimented the swishy layers of her black dress with its dainty mesh sleeves. We all know in my book, you can’t really go wrong in black.

Whilst she’ll always be Elle Woods to me, Reese showed us that she’s still got it at this year’s red carpet. What a killer figure! Tom Ford sure knows how to cut a figure-hugging dress.

Known for wearing jaw-dropping dresses in the past, this year J.Lo’s gown was worthy of a fairytale. Layers of tuelle adorned with intricate embellishments made her the star of the show. The warm honey hue of this Ellie Saab design was perfect for her tone. When it's Ellie Saab you really can't go wrong.

Take a look back at my best dressed at the Oscars from 2013 and 2014.

Photos via Pinterest.