9 March 2015

Eat Me. Dishoom, London

To those of you who haven't heard of Dishoom (although you must have been living under a rock), it's a Bombay Cafe that's taken London by storm. With authentic Mumbai, Indian cuisine - this place is a restaurant to behold.


The sheer popular-ness (it makes me so excited I can't even speak properly) of this place is incredible. With three locations throughout London and a no bookings policy, it only took a few months before the hysteria began. Now you can expect to queue for at least an hour for dinner. Cray-cray. But it's totally worth it.


I've had the pleasure of eating at Dishoom for breakfast and dinner now. Both were beyond good. With authentic interior fittings, a tongue-in-cheek attitude and a wafting smell of garam marsala; this place is the real deal. Today I'm going to tell you about breakfast. Dinner is another story.

Breakfast and I have a tumultuous history. My friends know that I've never been a big eater in the morning, preferring to go straight to lunch. And if I do eat out for brunch, I'm usually disppointed. Not here; Dishoom has to go down as my favourite breakfast to date.


I had the bacon and egg naan (hint to you newbies, this is what you order at Dishoom for breakfast, it's sacrilege to try anything else). The bread is home made, the filling is delightful and the tomato chutney that they finish it off with is unbelievably good. I wish I had a bottle of the stuff.


But wait it gets better. There is unlimited chai. Yes that's right. Order one and then they just. keep. coming.

What else do I need to tell you? Come try it already. 5/5


Where: Kings Cross, Covent Garden and Shoreditch
Bookings: only taken for breakfast, come prepared to wait for lunch and dinner
Phone: check the website depending on your location

Photos by Krissie.

Dishoom King's Cross on Urbanspoon