22 May 2016

Plate Up. Healthy Salmon Burritos

I read an article the other day that said 42% of Brits say their most difficult decision of the day is deciding what to eat for dinner.

I'm totally one of those people. I don't understand, how after eating dinner every day of my life, I still often draw a total mind blank about what to cook. But never fear, I'm here to help us all with a tasty, easy AND healthy idea.



What you'll need (serves 1)
1 salmon fillet
Olive oil
1 teaspoon of spices - I like sumac with fish
2 burritos or tacos
Handful spinach leaves
1/4 cucumber
Tatziki
1/2 chilli, sliced

What to do
Pop your burritos under the grill to warm. Then coat your fish in your spices, I used sumac and aleppo pepper. Heat some olive oil in a pan and pop your fish in to cook.



While that's sizzling away, slice your cucumber nice and thin with a peeler into ribbons.


If you have time to make your own tatziki, fabulous! Otherwise you can be sneaky and use the store bought stuff. I won't tell anyone.


Then it's virtually time to assemble - told you it was easy! Lay out your burrito and line it with the spinach and cucumber. Plop on some tatziki. Break your fish into chunks and bang them on. Then sprinkle with a few slices of chilli.



It's a nice alternative to chicken or beef burritos and particularly zingy for summer! Serve up with a chilled ginger beer [or moscow mule!] and enjoy.



Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by Krissie.