4 August 2016

Suitcase. Krka National Park, Croatia - Travel Guide

A wise prophet once said "don't go chasing waterfalls." Or was it a singer? I'm confused. Either way, I'm not sure I agree because chasing after the waterfalls of Krka National Park in Croatia was one of the highlights of my summer adventure.
Dive in below. Splish, splash...


I have no doubt you've seen images on this cascading waterfall before. It is pretty much guaranteed to appear on most summer Euro travellers' Instagrams. And let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint in real life.


In the central portion of the park there's around 2km of trails for you to wander and enjoy before you head for Skradinski Buk - the main swimming waterfall.


I say come prepped with some casual walking shoes, a big water bottle and a packed lunch. That way you can plonk yourself down in a shady spot for a bite to eat after your adventuring.

Despite the tourists and other park-goers it is a peaceful place with low-hanging trees and winding pathways. And, if you peer into the water long enough, you're sure to see schools of fish with swishy tails. No doubt they're pretty pleased with their real estate. I know I would be.


Krka is an ideal day trip from Split so if you're in town visiting, hire a car and drive on up (it's about an hour each way) or buy a ticket on a group tour and jump on a bus. You won't regret it.


Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by Krissie.