23 October 2016

Eat Me. Cecconi's, Melbourne CBD

The 4 weeks I spent travelling Italy in July did nothing to sate my relentless appetite for pasta. I mean really, why would it? You can never have enough! And this place was particularly good.

Welcome to Cecconi's.


Tucked below street level on Flinders Lane, swing open the doors and you'll find quite the hum of activity. The open kitchen sits front and centre where the chefs toss and taste, letting off dreamy aromas. The waiters bustle past with a grin and a 'ciao'. And the gentle chatter of the diners fills the air. Really, it's a lovely atmosphere to arrive to.


Mum was my guest for the evening so we ordered a bottle of wine, got to chatting and argued (light-heartedly of course) about what we would choose to eat. I tell you, when faced with a menu like this it's a tricky decision. 

Trickly good. Like the best kind of puzzles.


The starters on offer are simple and spectacular. We chose the scallops, served with beetroot puree and candied ginger. Holy moly. So good and so much more than the sum of its parts.


Next, the pasta. Mum opted for the seafood spaghetti. Whilst I tucked into the special of the day - prawn and calamari spaghettini done in a garlic, chilli and breadcrumb style sauce. Simply heavenly and now a total favourite of mine. I think they should put it permanently on the menu.


Finally, dessert. You didn't think I'd leave without it did you!?

We chose their signature dish. Warm soft-centred chocolate pudding with fior di latte gelato. And by golly. Probably up there in my favourite desserts of all time. You should have seen the middle. It was positively gooey. I would have taken a photo but we were too busy eating it! Sorry.


Must go now, I've worked up a helluva appetite! I'll leave you with the lovely little quote that features in their menu...


Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Cecconi's Flinders Lane Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Photos by Krissie.